Things You Can Do Here
- Enjoy shopping while riding on a boat, in hunt for souvenirs, food and fruits around Thailand’s popular outdoor market.
- Get a taste of authentic Thai delicacies by the riverbank.
- Witness fireflies dancing at night from your boat ride down the Maek Klong river.
- Enjoy a half day full of photo opportunities, food hunting, and souvenir buying with a group return trip back to Bangkok.
- Alternatively, join the Damnoen Saduak floating market tour for a floating market trip any time of the week.
- Want to see the famous train market too? Join the Amphawa + Maeklong train market tour instead.
- Want to know more about the Amphawa floating market? Check the tour info below.
Amphawa Floating Market Background
- The busy water market of Amphawa in Thailand is one of the most famous floating market in the country, at par with the morning market of Damnoen Saduak.
- Located 90 km away from Bangkok ( 1 hour 30 minutes drive).
- Although the Amphawa floating market opening hours is from 1 pm – 11 pm, many comes early to avoid the 1 p.m crowd.
- The floating market is only opened on Friday and during the weekend/ public holidays.
- Seafood & Thai desserts is the main reason why Thais visit the Amphawa floating market.
- A small community of seller lives by the 50km river in their wooden homes.
- Mostly visited by the Thais, Amphawa is considered a more authentic floating market than the larger Damnoen Saduak.
- Many tours also provide firefly cruises along the Mae Klong during a trip to Amphawa.
From Bangkok City Center
Fri- Sun : 1 pm – 11 am