Things You Can Do Here
- Learn more about Bali’s Hindu heritage at the 1,000 year old ancient temple of Pura Desa Batuan (Batuan Temple).
- Enjoy local lunch before you shop at Ubud’s many markets and craft stalls — and browse through the paintings of Bali’s talented artists.
- Enjoy the beautiful landscape and tame birds in the Bali Bird Park.
- Complete your day at the meditation temple of Goa Gajah (the Elephant Cave) and see Hindu & Buddhist imagery come together in one ancient temple.
- Get a day full of history, art and culture with a comfortable return trip back to your hotel.
- Have a question about the Bali Bird Park + Batuan Village + Market Culture Tour? See the tour info for a brief information of the places you may visit.
Pura Desa Batuan
- The Pura Desa Batuan is a Hindu temple located some 1 hour (27 km from Kuta).
- The temple is taken care of by the villagers, who are mostly artists and craftsmen.
- Built in the 1020 AD, the temple has a mixture of ancient as well as more recent or renewed structures.
- To enter, a sash and cloth around your waist is a must.
- The Goa Gajah, or Elephant Cave, is located in Ubud, about 1 hour 20 min (37 km from Kuta).
- Built in the 9th century, the cave served as a sanctuary for meditation and contains both Hindu and Buddhist imagery.
- Open daily from 8:00 – 16.00, the complex contains a meeting hall, old stone carvings and ancient statues — the scenes you’d expect straight out of an Indiana Jones movie.