Things You Can Do Here
- Get ready to see the majestic view of Borobudur (one of the 7 wonders of the world) bathed in sunlight as you arrive in the temple area around sunrise.
- Get the chance to see Prambanan temple, the biggest Hindu complex in Indonesia which was abandoned due to politics or volcano eruption.
- Enjoy the beautiful Javanese landscape, pass through local villages and see the Merapi volcano from afar at discounted tour price.
- Find your best view points in these candis to capture one of the most magical photography moments in your life.
- Enjoy this Yogjakarta temple tour with a convenient pickup and drop off service to your hotel.
- If you prefer to see them separately (at the best magical moments), you may also join the Borobudur Sunrise Tour or the Prambanan Sunset Tour.
- If you want to see both temples, but during the day, and at cheaper price, join the normal Borobudur + Prambanan temples day tour instead.
- Want something more extreme? The Borobudur + Prambanan + Merapi Volcano tour on jeep.
- Have a question about the Borobudur + Prambanan ( Sunrise Tour)? Check the tour info for a brief information on the places you’ll see.
Borobudur Temple Complex Yogjakarta
- The Borobudur, or Barabudur, is a 9th-century Buddhist temple complex in Magelang, Indonesia.
- Located 45 km way from Yogjakarta city, the complex is considered one of world’s greatest ancient monuments, at par with the Angkor Wat in Cambodia.
- At 2500m square, the Borobudur temple complex is also the world’s largest Buddhist temple.
- The temple is built with nine stacked platforms, and contains 576 Buddha statues.
- It was built on the Kedu Plain, also known as the garden of Java due to it’s high fertility.
- The temple is surrounded by 4 volcanoes (or 2 twin volcanoes) – Merbabu and Merapi and Sundoro and Sumbing.
- Until today, why the complex was built and why it was abandoned is still a mystery as no written records about them exist.
Prambanan Temple Complex
- The Prambanan temple complex is also known as Rara Jonggrang (Temple of the Slender Virgin) and is one of the most visited tourist attraction in Indonesia.
- Located 17 km northeast of the city of Jogjakarta, the Prambanan Temple is the largest temple compound dedicated to Hinduism in Indonesia.
- Built in the 8th century, the temple itself is a complex consisting of 240 temples, and was a depiction of the Ramayana story.
- The Prambanan compound is considered an architectural and cultural treasure. It also serves as a proof of the region’s high levels of stone building technology and architecture.
- The temple is surrounded by gorgeous, lush greeneries and villages that lives up to its name as a beautiful Prambanan complex.
- It was an important center of worship until it collapsed due to earthquake, volcanic eruption and a shift of political power in the early 11th century.
- The compound were rediscovered in the 17th century. The restoration work that took place for decades has since turned the it into a must-visit place in Jogjakarta.
From Jogjakarta City Center