Things You Can Do Here
- Spend your morning exploring this Buddhist temple (or candi as the locals call it) — considered the largest Buddhist complex in the world.
- Witness the sun rises over beautiful Java and take spectacular shots of views you don’t want to miss.
- See a different side of the Muslim dominated Indonesia and marvel at the detail in the carvings and structures of the Buddhist temple of Borobudur, Jogjakarta.
- Enjoy this 6 hour Borobudur Sunrise Tour at discounted price and with a comfortable return ride to your hotel.
- Not ready wake up early to see the Candi Borobudur in the wee hours? No worries as you can still catch the sight of the temple in a normal Borobudur Day Tour.
- If you prefer to see the Borobudur together with the Prambanan temple, check out the combo tour.
- But if you want to also see the Prambanan temple during its best time, get on the Prambanan Sunrise tour instead.
- Have a question about the Borobudur Sunrise Tour? See the tour info for a brief information about the candi (temple).
About Borobudur Indonesia
- The Borobudur, or Barabudur, is a 9th-century Buddhist temple complex in Magelang, Indonesia.
- Located 45 km way from Yogjakarta city, the complex is considered one of world’s greatest ancient monuments, at par with the Angkor Wat in Cambodia.
- At 2500m square, the Borobudur temple complex is also the world’s largest Buddhist temple.
- The temple is built with nine stacked platforms, and contains 576 Buddha statues.
- It was built on the Kedu Plain, also known as the garden of Java due to it’s high fertility.
- The temple is surrounded by 4 volcanoes (or 2 twin volcanoes) – Merbabu and Merapi and Sundoro and Sumbing.
- Until today, why the complex was built and why it was abandoned is still a mystery as no written records about them exist.
From Jogjakarta City Center