Things You Can Do Here
- Try spot on the elusive Proboscis Monkeys, the long-tailed macaques, water buffalo, river otters and silvered leaf monkeys of Borneo’s wetlands.
- Relax over dinner and get ready for a night show of fireflies lighting up the Kawa Kawa River bank.
- Alternatively, you can also join the Klias River Cruise or the Weston River Cruise if you want to see wildlife and catch beautiful sunset in Kota Kinabalu.
Sabah is home to many amazing wildlife, endemic only to Borneo.
A day tour on a river cruise like one in Kawa-Kawa offers an excellent way to see them from the comfort of a boat.
It is also slightly nearer to the Kota Kinabalu town.
The Kawa-Kawa River
- The Kawa Kawa river is located 112 km away from Kota Kinabalu, and is in the district of Kota Belud.
- The Kawa Kawa’s mangrove habitat forms an excellent habitat for the Borneo’s Proboscis Monkeys, who swing on the high branches of the trees.
- This virgin oasis is little touched by men, is still in pristine wilderness, and is best suited for nature lovers looking to enjoy Borneo after-dark.
- Apart from the monkeys and hornbills, the night river-safari also offering dazzling firefly sightings.
From Kota Kinabalu City Center