Things You Can Do Here
- See and get up close to the Borneo orang utan in the Semenggoh rehabilitation center.
- Enjoy the view and the atmosphere of a tropical jungle during your walk into the animal rehabilitation center.
- Learn about the lives of the native Bidayuh in the Annah Rais longhouse, ones of the biggest settlement of the native people in Kuching.
- Enjoy a great kayak trip in the Sarawak Kiri river and see the wilderness of the Borneo river under the watch of your guide.
- Get all these with a return trip back to your hotel.
Semenggoh Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
- The 20 years old Semenggoh is home to orphaned orang utan, rescued from captivity.
- Rehabilitated orang utans are later released to the nearby forest, leaving the area thriving with the species.
- While the orang utan spend most of their time roaming the forest, they frequently come back to the Centre for a free meal.
- The best time to see the wildlife is during the feeding time : 9.00-10.00am and 3.00-4.00 pm.
Annah Rais Long house
- Annah Rais is a Bidayuh settlement about 100km south of Kuching. It is built at the foothill of Borneo Highlands near the mountains.
- This is an active Bidayuh village with around 80 families and considered a living museum.
- Unlike a cultural village where the people are actors made to wear native outfits, Annah Rais is a real 200 years old village where Bidayuh people embrace a more modern life.