Tell Me About
This park is in the Kuala Lumpur Lake Gardens, and is made to mimic a rainforest. Because it is massive, the park is carved into 4 zones.
- Zone 1 and zone 2 are a free-flight area where birds may fly and roam about as they wish.
- Zone 3 is designated as the hornbill park.
- Zone 4 contains caged birds special breeding areas and an amphitheater where 2 bird shows take place daily.
While you are here, don’t forget to see the Indian Blue Peacock with its bright and colorful 5-feet train, the turkey size Crowned pigeon, the rare and critically endangered Pesquet’s Parrot and the adorable Congo African Grey Parrots — widely known to be the most intelligent parrot species in the world.
- There’s no ATM around this area. Carry enough cash for souvenirs or drinks.
- Remember that these birds are wild animals with claws and bills. They might bite without warning.
- Take photos of the birds during the feeding time. Species hidden in the forest canopy will only appear during this hours.
Feeding Hours & Bird Show
Birdshows : 12.30pm & 3:30pm at Zone 4 Amphitheather
- Free-flight Birds: 10:30 am
- Hornbill Park: 11:30 am
- World of Parrots: 12:00 pm
- WaterFall Aviary: 4 pm
- Brahminy Land: 2:30 pm
Bird Park Ticket Price / Entrance Fee
Adult – RM 50 (~$12.77)
Children – RM 41 (~$10.47)
Adult with Mykad – RM 27 (~$6.9)
Children with Mykid – RM 13 (~$3.32)
How to Get to the KL Bird Park
Taxi: The best way to get here is by taking a metered taxi/ uber.
KL Hop-On-Hop-Off Double Decker Tour Bus Service: Stop at Station No. 14 in front of KL Bird Park Main Entrance. Buses available at every 30 to 45 minutes interval.
Public Buses Here are some buses that stop near or at the park :-
- Intrakota Bus 21C 48C From Kota Raya .
- Intrakota Bus 18 21A From Chow Kit .
- RapidKL Bus 115 From KL Sentral .