Things You Can Do Here
- Get away from the crowds, feel what it’s like to own a private beach, and enjoy the shallow water of the picture perfect beach.
- Feel the Mengalum’s powdery white sand under your feet as you leisurely walk on the long stretch of pristine beach without another island in sight.
- Tuck into delicious local lunch included in the cost of the Mengalum tour package.
- If you are looking for a snorkeling trip that’s nearer to Kota Kinabalu, the Sapi and Manukan is easier to access.
- Alternatively, if majestic islands are what you are looking for, try the Bohey Dulang tour instead ( but it is in Semporna, Sabah).
- Have a question about the Mengalum Island Snorkeling Day Tour? See the tour info for a brief information of the island.
Mengalum Island Sabah
- The Mengalum is 56 km away from Kota Kinabalu, and the donut shaped island is so remote that no other island is on sight.
- Officially opened in 2010, the Mengalum only has 1 resort and most tours to the island is conducted on a day trip basis.
- The remoteness means that the Mengalum has no visitor facilities like jetty or toilets – hence why it is not heavily promoted to tourists.
- The island has 2 snorkelling spots a few hundred meters away from the beach, where water is less than 5 meter deep.
- The island has a metal anchor, believed to be more than 200 years old located in the jungle, 10 minutes away from the beach area.
From Kota Kinabalu City Center