Things You Can Do Here
- Dip in the Pulau Tiga’s volcanic mud bath — said to be excellent for rejuvenating your skin.
- Explore the crystal water around the island’s beach and spot the rich marine life underneath with provided snorkeling equipment.
- Discover the island, walk around the beaches and see for yourself what the Survivor contestants saw during their show here.
- Experience a night the island with the comfort of knowing that your transportations are well taken care of.
- Not ready for a night in the wild? Why not join the Survivor Island day trip instead?
Pulau Tiga Sabah
- Pulau Tiga is one of a group of small islands in Sabah, Malaysia formed on by an earthquake in Mindanao.
- Although only 48 km south of Kota Kinabalu, the island is reached by driving 140 km to Kuala Penyu. From here it is another 30 minutes by boat.
- Another way of getting here is by chartering a speed boat from Kota Kinabalu and cruise to Tiga Island.
- The island becomes famous after it was selected as the location of the first season of the reality show Survivor.
- The island has two resorts, Pulau Tiga Resort and Gaya Island Resort.
- It also home to 3 mud volcanoes, a feature not found in other Sabah islands.