Things You Can Do Here
- Dip in the Pulau Tiga’s volcanic mud bath — said to be excellent for rejuvenating your skin.
- Explore the crystal water around the island’s beach and spot the rich marine life underneath with provided snorkeling equipment.
- Enjoy delicious local lunch, and experience all the above knowing that your return transportations are well taken care of.
- Want to feel what it’s like to be a Survivor (minus the problems) for a day? Try the 2D1N Survivor Island Trip instead.
Pulau Tiga/ Survivor Island Sabah
- Pulau Tiga is one of a group of small islands in Sabah, Malaysia formed on by an earthquake in Mindanao.
- Although only 48 km south of Kota Kinabalu, the island is reached by driving 140 km to Kuala Penyu. From here it is another 30 minutes by boat.
- Another way of getting here is by chartering a speed boat from Kota Kinabalu and cruise to Tiga Island.
- The island becomes famous after it was selected as the location of the first season of the reality show Survivor.
- The island has two resorts, Pulau Tiga Resort and Gaya Island Resort.
- It also home to 3 mud volcanoes, a feature not found in other Sabah islands.