Things You Can Do Here
- Walk into a local Bali handicraft industry area and check out quality ceramics from terracotta tiles to dinnerware.
- Check out Pura Luhur Batukaru temple located on the slope of the Mount Batukaru.
- Tour the magnific green rice terraces of the Jatiluwih, take incredible pictures and learn more about village life.
- For a cheaper West Bali tour, try the half day Jatiluwih + Batukaru trip — minus the handcraft part.
Jatiluih Rice Terrace Bali
- Jatiluwih Rice Terrace is in Tanaban, 53 km or 2 hours drive away from Kuta.
- The unique paddy field is famous for it’s beautiful contoured terraced land with the view of Mount Batukaru and Mount Agung as its backdrop.
- The 300-hectare area is trekkable on foot or via an e-bike.
Jatiluih vs tegalalang
- Compared to the more touristy Tegallalang, Jatiluwih offers more traditional, and original look at the Balinese rice plantation.