Things You Can Do Here
- Visit the head house (called Baruk) that contains the war drum and the skulls of the tribe’s enemies.
- Marvel at the construction of the century old Annah Rais long house, made of bamboos and woods from the Borneo forest.
- Learn the way of lives of the native and see live demonstration of basket weaving, rice pounding and winnowing.
About the Tour
Annah Rais Longhouse
- Annah Rais is a Bidayuh settlement about 100km south of Kuching. It is built at the foothill of Borneo Highlands near the mountains.
- This is an active Bidayuh village with around 80 families and considered a living museum.
- Unlike a cultural village where the people are actors made to wear native outfits, Annah Rais is a real village where Bidayuh people embrace a more modern life.
- Visitors are advised to come with a guide for a better understanding of the culture and to avoid problems with the natives due to culture differences.