Things You Can Do Here
- Learn more, and deeper about this wonderful island’s history.
- Witness the majestic architecture of Penang’s clan houses, temples and capture the beauty of classic eastern architecture.
- Learn more about the vibrant Chinese culture and see the face of old world charm in a one unforgettable historical city tour in the Penang island.
- If you prefer to see the life and history of the British in the island, you may also join another Penang city tour.
- For those who prefer to roam on their own, the Hop on Hop Off bus is an alternative to explore the city’s heritage and important sites.
- Want to see the Penang’s icon instead? Get on to the Bukit Bendera and enjoy The Habitat instead.
- This clan house also acts as a temple and was built in the 1890s.
- While it is more secluded than most clan houses in Penang, Khoo Kongsi is considered the most beautiful kongsi in the island.
- A fire in the 1900s sees the kongsi rebuilt, but in less majestic way. Local folks believe the fire is a sign that the deities are jealous of its beauty.
Penang Peranakan Museum
- In this tour, you’ll also see the antiques and the wealth of the Peranakan ( the overseas Chinese who had assimilated and adopted the Malay culture).
- With over 1000 artefacts, this is Penang’s finest Chinese museum.