Things You Can Do Here
- Go on jungle trekking into the Belum jungle to find world’s largest flower, the Rafflesia (if you are in luck).
- Meet and greet the natives of the Belum rainforest, the original people of the land of Perak.
- Roam the reserved Belum State Park to see various rare and endangered flora of the tropical forest.
- See the salt lick puddle area used by the wildlife in the jungle.
- Have a question about your Belum tour? See the tour info for more details.
The Belum RainForest
- Belum-Temenggor is the largest continuous forest in Peninsular Malaysia, and it crosses into Southern Thailand.
- Belum-Temenggor is believed to have been in existence for over 130 million years making it one of the world’s oldest rainforests, older than both the Amazon and the Congo.
- The area has high concentrations of at least 3 different rafflesia species, 10 hornbills, Asian elephant and Malayan tiger.
- It is also home to 14 of the world’s most threatened mammals, from including the white handed gibbon to Malaysian sun bear and tapir.
- The only human inhabitants within the rainforest is the indigenous Orang Asli, mostly of the Jahai group.
From Ipoh city center