Things You Can Do Here
- Ge up close with fireflies, only 90 minutes away from the modern metropolitan city of Kuala Lumpur.
- See one of the largest firefly colonies in the world in the laid back town of Kampung Kuantan.
- Enjoy a local seafood dinner on board of your boat.
Kuala Selangor Fireflies Tour
- The two top fireflies sightings in Kuala Selangor are in Kampung Kuantan and Kampung Bukit Belimbing
- They both are located 90 minutes away from Kuala Lumpur.
- The boats used for fireflies tours at Kampung Kuantan are small wooden boats, steered manually by a boatman.
- Each tree by the riverbanks has different groups of fireflies. Each group has flashes that are synchronised.
- The flashing green lights emitted by the fireflies are actually to attract mates.
- The best time to visit the park is right after nightfall (7:30pm – 7:45pm).
- Once the fireflies (or kelip-kelip in Malay) find their partners, the flashing would stop, usually by 11.00 pm.
From Kuala Lumpur City Center