Things You Can Do Here
- Enjoy a hassle free Ipoh town tour with English speaking guide only 3 hours drive away from Kuala Lumpur.
- Discover why the hipster city of Ipoh is one of Lonely Planet’s ‘Best Places in Asia’ choice during this Ipoh tour.
- Enjoy local Ipoh authentic hawker food and experience a tour around Ipoh’s vibrant food scene.
- See the historical Ipoh train station, Scottish castle, and the the Buddhist Perak Tong Temple.
Ipoh Train Station
- In this Ipoh tour from Kuala Lumpur, you’ll visit the Ipoh train station, also called the Taj Mahal of Ipoh
- The 1917 station’s design was conceptualised by British’s Arthur Benison Hubback.
- The square in front of the station has prominen cenotaph erected to honour men who have died in the World War 1 and those died due to the Thai-Burma Death Railway.
- Another place you’ll visit during this Ipoh tour is this unfinished castle built by a rich Scottish planter.
- The castle comes with its own tennis court at the top of the building as well as several safe passages to the nearby temple.
- The building was so unique that it was even mentioned in the London Financier newspaper during its construction in 1911 and was one of the most lavish home in Perak.
- Included in the plan for the 6-storey tower was Malaysia’s first elevator.
- The castle was left unfinished due to Spanish flu and Kellie’s death during his trip to Lisbon.