Things You Can Do Here
- See the majestic early morning view of the biggest tea plantation in the South East Asia.
- Witness the surreal out of this world scenery in the Cameron Highland’s magical Mossy Forest.
- Visit the BOH tea plantation, learn more about teas and enjoy your freshest cup along with tasty English scones.
- See for yourself the Rajah Brooke butterfly, endemic only to the South East Asia.
- Pay a visit to a strawberry farm and see how strawberries are grown in this part of the country.
- Immerse yourself in history and culture with a visit to a Buddhist temple and the time tunnel museum.
- Enjoy this Cameron Highlands Day Trip with a return transfer to Kuala Lumpur.
While Cameron is famous for its tea plantation area, during this Cameron Highlands day tour from Kuala Lumpur, you will first head to mount Brinchang.
Your destination, the Mossy Forest –a dewy tropical rainforest famous for its ancient trees wrapped by spongy water filled moss.
Magical, mythical or simply surreal, this forest is home to wild orchids, ferns, spices, medicinal plants as well as insects, frogs and birds.
After exploring the Mossy Forest, you will journey back to the Sungei Palas Boh Estate. It’s tea time!
BOH Tea Factory
By now, the BOH visitor area should be opened to public. Explore the factory, learn more about the history of tea in Malaysia and learn how teas are made.
Don’t forget to buy some fresh teas to bring back to your hotel. Or relax at the cafe and enjoy a hot cup of tea along with sweet strawberry tart while you enjoy the green view around you.
After you’ve enjoyed your tea, you will head to the Market Square. Here, you may buy flowers, fruits and vegetables grown in the hills of Cameron.
Grab some sweet potatoes, corns or hybrid apples.
After a stroll at the market, you’ll pay a visit to the butterfly farm. While there don’t forget to look for the Rajah Brookes butterfly.
Named after the Rajah of Sarawak, the butterfly is unique as it has birdlike wings and is mostly native to South East Asia.
Big Red Strawberry Farm
Your day tour to Cameron Highlands will not complete without a trip to a strawberry farm.
When you are done strolling at look the hydroponic grown strawberries, try some fresh cakes.
Alternatively you can also pay some fees to pick your own juicy red strawberries to bring back home.
Sam Poh Buddhist Temple
For some culture in your Cameron Highlands trip, you’ll visit the Sam Poh Temple.
The fourth biggest Buddhist temple in Malaysia, Sam Poh is built atop a hill overlooking Brinchang.
See how locals pray to their deities. And enjoy the intricate oriental architecture. Just make sure you take off your shoes before you enter.
Time Tunnel Museum
To end this Cameron day tour from Kuala Lumpur, we will head to the Time Tunnel Museum — a place that will remind you of the past.
It collects normal Malaysian household items from the 40s, 60s and 50s — from British era chairs right to pre independent postman bike.
If you are over 50s, many of the items will bring back some smiles and memories.
From Kuala Lumpur City Center