Things You Can Do Here
- Enjoy a tour of the Spice Garden Penang to get to know the ingredients and spices used in Malaysian cuisines.
- Get a hands on culinary lesson in a professional Asian cooking school during your trip in Penang.
- Learn how to cook authentic Asian cuisines — from Nyonya and Malay food right to Indian and Tropical Thai, depending on the day of your cooking class.
- Enjoy the fruits of your labor under a pergola, with views of the Andaman sea.
Taste of Malaysia Class at The Spice Garden Penang
- The cooking school is located in the Spice Garden, Teluk Bahang, Penang.
- Launched in 2011, it is Penang’s first and most equipped cooking school.
- Has Chinese, Malay, Indian and Thai cooking lessons.
- Caters newbies and pros. 10 seats per class.
- Has 3 resident chefs and an array of guest chefs.
From Georgetown Penang City Center
Morning class : 9.00 am
Afternoon class : 1.30 pm