Things You Can Do Here
- Relax at the breezy, outdoor Spice Garden café in the Batu Ferringhi beach area, overlooking the Straits of Malacca.
- Shop for unique, Malaysian made gifts or premium spice therapy spa products.
- Let your kids wonder and learn in the Tropical Spice Garden — from learning how to turn nature’s products into something artsy, right to exploring the area at night time.
- Choose your most comfortable way of exploring the hidden garden – via a guided tour or a free audio tour.
- Learn to cook authentic Penang meal (at extra cost) in the Tropical Spice Garden’s modern cooking school. And enjoy your meals under a pergola, overlooking the Andaman sea.
- Have a question about Penang’s Spice Garden ? Check the FAQ below for more information.
Is there a guide in the Tropical Spice Garden? If yes, when is the guided tour?
Yes. A guided tour is held 3 times a day – at 9 am, 11 am and 1.30 pm.
If the timing is not suitable for you, you may also walk around the tropical garden with the help of an audio guide.
Do I need to pay extra for the audio guide?
No. The audio guide is free for all paying visitors.
Does the Spice Garden sell the spices they grown here?
Yes. You may buy spices, aromatherapy, natural body products and other souvenirs in the Spice Garden’s gift shop.
How Do I get Here from Georgetown city center?
The best way is by using Grab or by using your own transportation.
Alternatively, you can get here using these buses – the Rapid 101, Rapid 102 or Hop On Hop Off (Stop #19). They cover the Batu Ferringhi/ Teluk Bahang area where the garden is located.
Average Time Spent Here
From Georgetown Penang City Center
Mon – Sun : 9 am – 6 pm