What You'll Get
- Hop on board the Penang to Langkawi high speed ferry and visit the island of Langkawi on a ride across the ocean.
- Meet your ferry at the Georgetown Ferry Terminal and you are only a couple of hours way from duty free shopping, riding the cable car or go island hopping with your loved ones in the pristine island of Langkawi.
- Enjoy 3 hours of blue ocean and wide open seas on board of your ferry journey.
- Pick any of the 2 sessions — the 8:30 am morning ferry or the 2:00 pm ferry in the afternoon.
- Ride the super fast Penang – Langkawi ferries anytime of the year as it operates 365 days every year.
- Hire a car to wait for your upon your arrival in the Langkawi jetty at Kuah and explore the island in no time.
- If you plan to head back to Penang with the same service, you may do so with the Langkawi-Penang ferry service.
- Have questions? See the FAQ for answers.
How long is the Penang to Langkawi fast ferry ride?
The ferry ride normally takes around 2 hours and 45 minutes to 3 hours.
Where are the ferry terminal starting and disembarking points?
In Penang, you’ll ride at the Swettenham Pier Cruise Terminal (SPCT), Georgetown, Penang.
Once you arrive in Langkawi, it’ll disembark at the Kuah Jetty, Langkawi.
Am I insured on the ferries?
Yes, all passengers are insured by the ferry operator.
Can I choose which ferry to ride?
No. The type of ferry depends on the timing of your ride. Unless you are a regular, it is hard to pick a different model of ferries for your Penang-Langkawi journey.