Things You Can Do Here
- Catch the unforgettable view of sunlight bursting through the roof of the Goa Jomblang (Jomblang Cave) and see one of the most scenic cave view in the country.
- Walk around the 9th century temple of Prambanan and learn more about its past.
- Enjoy the sights of the Javanese landscape as you travel through greeneries and traditional villages on your way to the 2 attractions.
- Enjoy your Jomblang caving activity at the hand of professional local guides.
- Experience this unforgettable Jomblang Cave + Prambanan Tour with a safe, air-conditioned pickup and drop off service to your hotel.
- Want to know more about the places you’ll see in this tour? Check the tour info for a snapshot.
Prambanan Temple Complex
- The Prambanan temple complex is also known as Rara Jonggrang (Temple of the Slender Virgin) and is one of the most visited tourist attraction in Indonesia.
- Located 17 km northeast of the city of Jogjakarta, the Prambanan Temple is the largest temple compound dedicated to Hinduism in Indonesia.
- Built in the 8th century, the temple itself is a complex consisting of 240 temples, and was a depiction of the Ramayana story.
- The Prambanan compound is considered an architectural and cultural treasure. It also serves as a proof of the region’s high levels of stone building technology and architecture.
- The temple is surrounded by gorgeous, lush greeneries and villages that lives up to its name as a beautiful Prambanan complex.
The fall and rediscovery
- It was an important center of worship until it collapsed due to earthquake, volcanic eruption and a shift of political power in the early 11th century.
- The compound were rediscovered in the 17th century. The restoration work that took place for decades has since turned the it into a must-visit place in Jogjakarta.