Things You Can Do Here
- Explore the ground of Indonesia’s largest Hindu temple (called the Candi Prambanan by the locals) of Jogjakarta and learn more about its history.
- Discover beautiful sights of the Javanese landscape as you travel through greeneries and traditional villages during your Prambanan half day tour.
- Enjoy this tour with a safe, air-conditioned pickup and drop off service to your hotel.
- Not ready to be here in the evening? No worries as you can still join the Day Tour.
- Complete your cultural experience here with the Ramayana Ballet at the Prambanan temple complex.
- Have a question about the Prambanan Temple Sunset Tour? See the tour info for a brief information about the candi (temple).
Prambanan Temple Complex
- The Prambanan temple complex is also known as Rara Jonggrang (Temple of the Slender Virgin) and is one of the most visited tourist attraction in Indonesia.
- Located 17 km northeast of the city of Jogjakarta, the Prambanan Temple is the largest temple compound dedicated to Hinduism in Indonesia.
- Built in the 8th century, the temple itself is a complex consisting of 240 temples, and was a depiction of the Ramayana story.
Prambanan As A Treasure
- The Prambanan compound is considered an architectural and cultural treasure. It also serves as a proof of the region’s high levels of stone building technology and architecture.
- The temple is surrounded by gorgeous, lush greeneries and villages that lives up to its name as a beautiful Prambanan complex.
- It was an important center of worship until it collapsed due to earthquake, volcanic eruption and a shift of political power in the early 11th century.
- The compound were rediscovered in the 17th century. The restoration work that took place for decades has since turned the it into a must-visit place in Jogjakarta.
From Jogjakarta City Center