Things You Can Do Here
- Walk around the 9th century temple ( or Candi Prambanan as locals call it) and learn more about its history.
- Discover beautiful sights of the Javanese landscape as you travel through greeneries and traditional villages along the way.
- Need a better photo opportunity in Prambanan? If you don’t mind waking up earlier, you may join the Prambanan Temple Sunset Tour instead.
- Enjoy this Prambanan Temple Tour with a safe, air-conditioned pickup and drop off service to your hotel.
- Want to know more about Prambanan? See the tour info for a brief background of the temple area.
PRAMBANAN TEMPLE COMPLEX
- The Prambanan temple complex is also known as Rara Jonggrang (Temple of the Slender Virgin) and is one of the most visited tourist attraction in Indonesia.
- Located 17 km northeast of the city of Jogjakarta, the Prambanan Temple is the largest temple compound dedicated to Hinduism in Indonesia.
- Built in the 8th century, the temple itself is a complex consisting of 240 temples, and was a depiction of the Ramayana story.
PRAMBANAN AS A TREASURE
- The Prambanan compound is considered an architectural and cultural treasure. It also serves as a proof of the region’s high levels of stone building technology and architecture.
- The temple is surrounded by gorgeous, lush greeneries and villages that lives up to its name as a beautiful Prambanan complex.
- It was an important center of worship until it collapsed due to earthquake, volcanic eruption and a shift of political power in the early 11th century.
- The compound were rediscovered in the 17th century. The restoration work that took place for decades has since turned the it into a must-visit place in Jogjakarta.
From Jogjakarta City Center