Things You Can Do Here
- Watch the majestic sunrise in the Kintamani area, with the volcanic Mount Batur as the background.
- Get into the lush green paddy fields at Lemukih Village, and feel what it’s like to be a paddy farmer for a day.
- Enjoy the beauty of the tropical Bali village and the mountain view of the area at discounted tour price.
- End your Kintamani tour with a swim at a the hidden waterfalls Sekumpul village.
- For a Kintamani tour that has some culture in it (and cheaper too), you can choose the Kintamani’s Tegalalang + Barong tour.
- Alternatively, if you want to enjoy paddy villages and temples, why not join the Jatiluwih + Batukaru tour instead.
- Have a question about this Kintamani tour? See the tour info for a background information about the area covered.
Mount Batur Bali
- Mt. Batur 1,717 meters above sea level is one of the region’s most active volcanoes.
- It is located in the highlands of Kintamani, 2 h 13 min (78.8 km) away from Kuta.
- The first documented eruption of Mount Batur was in 1804. The latest eruption was in 2000.
Hiking Mount Batur
- Hiking the mountain means wee hours journey. A tour normally starts around 2.30am from Ubud.
- It usually takes about 2 hours to make to the top of Mt. Batur. The hike is almost entirely uphill over jagged volcanic rocks.
- Although the morning trekking is usually chilly, you are suggested to bring your sunscreen and hat for the trek down.
- The climb is moderately difficult hike suitable for those with at least an average fitness level.