Things You Can Do Here
- See the Indian Blue Peacock with its bright and colorful 5-feet train, the turkey size Crowned pigeon, the rare and critically endangered Pesquet’s Parrot and the adorable Congo African Grey Parrots — widely known to be the most intelligent parrot species in the world.
- Enjoy the lush, green area of the KL Bird Park aviary and feel what it’s like to be in a tropical rainforest.
- See this and other attractions in the green Perdana Park area with a hassle free one way transfer to the bird park.
- If you want to see more animals in Kuala Lumpur (including the panda), an alternative to the Bird Park Kuala Lumpur is the Zoo Negara.
- If you prefer to pet the animals, you can grab your ticket to the KL Tower mini zoo, Farm in the City or just enjoy the Sunway Lagoon water park (it has a petting zoo inside).
- Have a question about the Kuala Lumpur Bird Park? Check the FAQ below.
When are the KL Bird Park show times?
Daily : 12.30 pm & 3.30 pm
Location: Zone 4 – Amphitheatre
When is the feeding time?
For lory and ostrich, feeding is around the clock, from 10 am – 5 pm at Zone 4.
For others, you may check here.
Is the KL Bird Park better than the ones in the Indonesia or Singapore?
KL Bird park has the one of largest free flight aviary in the world. It is one of the top attraction in Kuala Lumpur and is one of best bird park in the region.
In term of size and price, it is better than the Bali Bird Park of Indonesia (which is better in term the landscaping).
But it is considered second best if compared to the Jurong Bird Park in Singapore.
Having said that, at 1/3rd of the ticket price of the other bird parks, the one in KL is considered a steal.
What's the best way to get here?
Use Grab. Avoid taxis.
Alternatively the Hop on Hop off Bus stops at the entrance.
Word of Advice
Despite looking harmless, treat the birds here as wild animals.
They may beck or attack you suddenly if they felt threatened.
This park is near to the Islamic Arts Museum (500m) – one of the best museum of its kind in Asia.
You may also visit the National Mosque (1.2 km) away.
Take note that there’s no ATM machine here. Bring enough change if you plan to buy food and souvenirs in the park.
BEST TIME FOR PICTURE TAKINGS
One of the best time to get photos of birds in the KL Bird Park is during meal time.
Some shy species hiding in trees will probably show up during these hours.
Average Time Spent Here
From KL City Center
Mon – Sun : 9 am – 6 pm