Watch 3,000 birds in their natural habitat at the KL Bird Park — the largest walk-in free flight aviary in the world.
This park is in the Kuala Lumpur Lake Gardens, and is made to mimic a rainforest. Because it is massive, the park is carved into 4 zones.
- Zone 1 and zone 2 are a free-flight area where birds may fly and roam about as they wish.
- Zone 3 is designated as the hornbill park.
- Zone 4 contains caged birds special breeding areas and an amphitheater where 2 bird shows take place daily.
While you are here, don’t forget to see the Indian Blue Peacock with its bright and colorful 5-feet train, the turkey size Crowned pigeon, the rare and critically endangered Pesquet’s Parrot and the adorable Congo African Grey Parrots — widely known to be the most intelligent parrot species in the world.
- There’s no ATM around this area. Carry enough cash for souvenirs or drinks.
- Remember that these birds are wild animals with claws and bills. They might bite without warning.
- Take photos of the birds during the feeding time. Species hidden in the forest canopy will only appear during this hours.
- 12.30pm & 3:30pm at Zone 4 Amphitheather
- Free-flight Birds: 10:30 am
- Hornbill Park: 11:30 am
- World of Parrots: 12:00 pm
- WaterFall Aviary: 4 pm
- Brahminy Land: 2:30 pm
* Birdshows & feeding hours may change