Things You Can Do Here
- Get a chance to spot the Proboscis Monkeys ( a rare, endangered monkey species that can only be found in Borneo) during this river cruise package.
- Taste a Malay dinner in your boat as you and other tourists cruise along the Klias river.
- Enjoy the magical fireflies show as you cruise along the Klias river at night.
- Enjoy this wildlife safari tour with a safe, comfortable return transfer back to your hotel.
- Alternatively, join the Kawa-Kawa wetland cruise for a cheaper river cruise during your stay in Sabah.
Klias River Cruise - A Must Do
This Klias Wetland River Cruise in Borneo is a must do trip for wildlife lovers.
In this trip, you’ll embark on a 2 hours hunt of the unusually big nosed Proboscis monkey. Also called the Dutchman, the monkeys is unique to Borneo.
The Klias Wetlands River
- Klias Wetlands is 2 hours away from Kota Kinabalu Sabah.
- Klias Wetlands is gaining more interest among wildlife lovers as it is home to a large population of the rare Proboscis monkeys.
- These tree-dwelling monkeys hunt for food in the evenings. Thus, most Klias river cruises will leave the Kota Klias jetty at around 3.00pm.
- Other wildlife that make Klias wetland home include macaques, monitor lizards and birds.
- The area is also famous for fireflies, hence the need to stay longer to watch these creatures lighting up the river in the evening.
From Kota Kinabalu City Center
122 km / 2 hours