Things You Can Do Here
- Get a chance to spot the Proboscis Monkeys ( a rare, endangered monkey species that can only be found in Borneo) during this river cruise package.
- Taste a Malay dinner in your boat as you and other tourists cruise along the Klias river.
- Enjoy the magical fireflies show as you cruise along the Klias river at night.
- Enjoy this wildlife safari tour with a safe, comfortable return transfer back to your hotel.
- Alternatively, join the Kawa-Kawa wetland cruise for a cheaper river cruise during your stay in Sabah.
Klias River Cruise - A Must Do
This Klias Wetland River Cruise in Borneo is a must do trip for wildlife lovers.
In this trip, you’ll embark on a 2 hours hunt of the unusually big nosed Proboscis monkey. Also called the Dutchman, the monkeys is unique to Borneo.
The Klias Wetlands River
- Klias Wetlands is 2 hours away from Kota Kinabalu Sabah.
- Klias Wetlands is gaining more interest among wildlife lovers as it is home to a large population of the rare Proboscis monkeys.
- These tree-dwelling monkeys hunt for food in the evenings. Thus, most Klias river cruises will leave the Kota Klias jetty at around 3.00pm.
- Other wildlife that make Klias wetland home include macaques, monitor lizards and birds.
- The area is also famous for fireflies, hence the need to stay longer to watch these creatures lighting up the river in the evening.
From Kota Kinabalu City Center