Things You Can Do Here
- Enjoy the Weston Wetland riverbanks — said to be one of the most beautiful wetland in the whole Borneo.
- Try spot the Proboscis Monkey, a species found only in Borneo and only 7,000 of them is said to be left in Sabah.
- Enjoy a quiet night trip along the Weston river and see the magical display of twinkling lights from hundreds of fireflies.
- Alternatively, join the Kawa-Kawa river cruise for a slightly cheaper river cruise package.
NOTE: Weston is part of Klias Wetland, which is the largest wetland in Sabah.
About The Weston Cruise
Sabah’s Weston river cruise is an amazing tour to join in the evening. The magical sunset, the sound of wildlife and the lights from fireflies make it an unforgettable place.
In this river tour, you’ll immerse yourself in nature’s gifts.
Weston Wetlands River Cruise Brief Info
- Weston is 122 km away from Kota Kinabalu, a 2.5 hours drive from the city.
- Weston is home to pre-war buildings, with old shops, 100 years old jetty as well as the oldest wooden school in Borneo.
- It is also home to Nipah swamp forest, a type which has existed over 70 million years, making it one of the oldest forest type in the world.
- Weston is said to have nicer sunset than other places of Sabah because it is nearer to the Equator.
- Also famous for its seafood, Weston brackish water makes it an excellent habitat for prawns and crabs.
- The existence of the endangered proboscis monkeys ( orang utan’s cousin), fireflies and other wildlife, turns this place into haven for nature lovers.
From Kota Kinabalu City Center